This February brings two of my top five favorite holidays: Valentine’s Day and Mardi Gras. Since I’m still in Iowa, I won’t be celebrating Mardi Gras this year, which is a total bummer. Luckily, it’s easy to order King Cake online these days.
Life is continuing to be a brain dead, joyful whirlwind over here, but I am deadset on getting some things done this month. Mainly to wake my brain up.
- Workout 3x a week. I finally got the clear to do light workouts starting today. Which is fantastic, considering that yesterday, my mom compared my upper arm strength to that of a puppy.
- Read a book. I checked out four books the day before I ended up being induced, and all four are scattered throughout my mom’s house. T. is finally sleeping solo, so now’s the time to get a little reading time in.
- Stop stressing out. I have a definite problem with always thinking about what I need to be doing three steps ahead, instead of just living in the moment. So this month, I’m not letting myself figure out wtf if next. No worrying about potential jobs or how we’re going to get set back up in NOLA. Just hanging out, breathing, reading and cuddling.
- Drink more water. Just because I feel like I’m slacking.
Clearly, I’m keeping things extra simple this month. Which is extra strange for me, but probably exactly what I needed.
y’all, the new year is here and everything seems so new and clean. Which I know sounds completely ridiculous since not much has changed, but whatever. I decided this year to not make any major, life changing resolutions. I’m 100% comfortable at this point saying that I have ZERO clue what my life will be like in 2017 (besides way less stressful than 2016), and that’s kind of exciting. My purpose for the new year:
To be constantly working towards being my best self.
Every month, I’m going to be making a list of things to focus on for the following 30 days, with that in mind. My main goal to be working towards all year is to talk/message more like a grownup. That means dropping the lol, omg, and haha from being a consistent part of my vocabulary.
My January goals are pretty tame. Theodore is due February 3rd, so my main focus will be on resting and preparing.
- Drink a green smoothie every morning. Kale and spinach are still not appetizing to me at all in their solid form at the moment, so green smoothies are the best way for me to get all those vitamins that the pros claim people need. Throw in the fact that I’ve definitely turned to bad carbs the past 2 weeks to deal with some feelings, and it’s good that the green smoothies are coming back into rotation. Simple Green Smoothies has a 7 day challenge that is super easy, and doesn’t require a pile of ingredients, so that’s how I’m kicking my mornings off.
- Be physical for 45 minutes a day. Of course, I left all my maternity workout videos in my storage unit in NOLA, along with my underwear, so I’ve been all about Youtube. I usually do a mix of yoga, Glow Body PT, and BodyFit by Amy. Throw in the mile walk Scotti and I try to take every day, and I hit can hit that 45 minutes even if I’m feeling super lazy. I’ve also been doing the moves from this arm workout a few times a day. 45 seconds on, 15 seconds rest, and just one round at a time.
- Pack my hospital bag. Easy enough. I need to make a Target trip to stock up on an extra toothbrush, hair ties and some granny panties.
- Spend as much time with Scotti as possible. Self explanatory.
- Get a pedicure. Because I can’t reach anymore. And, #treatyoself.