y’all, the new year is here and everything seems so new and clean. Which I know sounds completely ridiculous since not much has changed, but whatever. I decided this year to not make any major, life changing resolutions. I’m 100% comfortable at this point saying that I have ZERO clue what my life will be like in 2017 (besides way less stressful than 2016), and that’s kind of exciting. My purpose for the new year:
To be constantly working towards being my best self.
Every month, I’m going to be making a list of things to focus on for the following 30 days, with that in mind. My main goal to be working towards all year is to talk/message more like a grownup. That means dropping the lol, omg, and haha from being a consistent part of my vocabulary.
My January goals are pretty tame. Theodore is due February 3rd, so my main focus will be on resting and preparing.
- Drink a green smoothie every morning. Kale and spinach are still not appetizing to me at all in their solid form at the moment, so green smoothies are the best way for me to get all those vitamins that the pros claim people need. Throw in the fact that I’ve definitely turned to bad carbs the past 2 weeks to deal with some feelings, and it’s good that the green smoothies are coming back into rotation. Simple Green Smoothies has a 7 day challenge that is super easy, and doesn’t require a pile of ingredients, so that’s how I’m kicking my mornings off.
- Be physical for 45 minutes a day. Of course, I left all my maternity workout videos in my storage unit in NOLA, along with my underwear, so I’ve been all about Youtube. I usually do a mix of yoga, Glow Body PT, and BodyFit by Amy. Throw in the mile walk Scotti and I try to take every day, and I hit can hit that 45 minutes even if I’m feeling super lazy. I’ve also been doing the moves from this arm workout a few times a day. 45 seconds on, 15 seconds rest, and just one round at a time.
- Pack my hospital bag. Easy enough. I need to make a Target trip to stock up on an extra toothbrush, hair ties and some granny panties.
- Spend as much time with Scotti as possible. Self explanatory.
- Get a pedicure. Because I can’t reach anymore. And, #treatyoself.