I know, I know. I’m the absolute worst at staying up to date on blogging. Life has just been super-duper ridiculous since Mardi Gras ended. Like, I hadn’t even updated my goals binder in March. Here’s what’s been happening:
- I quit my job. And got a new one as a Buyer’s Assistant for a local chain of boutiques. With better hours, a better dress code (I can literally wear whatever I want, as long as I put some effort into it), and I can walk to work. While it’s taking time to adjust to the fact that I’m home every night before 6:00, I think I’m going to love it. Gone are my excuses to not hang out in the early evenings.
- I failed at Whole 30 once again. But I did stick pretty close to paleo. What did I learn? 1) I need it to be ok to drink once in a while (but I must avoid whiskey at all costs). 2) Dairy makes me break out in the worst ways. I love cheese though, so this is a perfect reason to only eat the really good stuff. 3) I use food as a reward. Even though every health Pinterest board says not to. Food is my way to power through the week and not murder anyone. So please, let’s all reward me.
- April is Scotti’s birthday month. My best friend in the whole wide world is going to be 5. I’m planning a celebration and harassing my family with what they plan on gifting him with.
- It’s festival season in New Orleans. Hooray. Food, music, piles of people and an excellent setting for a second Tinder date.
- Speaking of Tinder dates, I let my younger brother manage mine during Lent. Thinking he’d have my best interests at heart. I was wrong. He literally swiped right 15 times and then left 15 times. No thought or care into what he’d like in a future brother in law. (even though I’ve been told Tinder is only for finding girls who a guy thinks he can stick it in. whatever.) Needless to say, I took back the reins once Lent
was almostover. Still not too impressed though.
- I am super in love with BumbleBff though. If it’s this hard for boys on Tinder to ask girls to hang out, I totally get the struggle now. I’ve only had one wine date (what do you call get-togethers with possible besties?) and it was so much fun. Note to self, send a quick “sorry I disappeared text”.
That’s all for now. Fingers crossed I get back in the habit of updating this again. Because you and I both know you want to know what’s uo.