I made a big realization the past few days when I was thinking about my summers in Iowa. And I realized that all I’ve done during my Iowa summers since I was 13 is work. Work so much that I haven’t had time to do any of the fun stuff. boo. So this summer will be different. Sure, I’ll still be working. (one just can’t give up 3 jobs) but I’ll be forcing myself to make time to do fun things too. Because I can spend time on the couch anywhere.
- Visit the State Fair. I’ve been once in the 20 years I’ve called Iowa home. for shame
- Spend a few days at Lake Okoboji. Then buy this fleece.
- Visit all the roadside cafes I’ve always told myself I would test out.
- Visit my important midwest people. The bestie in Chicago. The brother in Kansas City.
- I’m sure there’s other things that need to be added to this list. Thank goodness I’m trying to force myself to be more flexible.