- getting ready (includes showering, nail painting and straightening my hair):2 hours
- travel (not including the 9 hours of travel to get to Minneapolis) 90 minutes
- actual date: averages out to 2 hours
- Total time: About 93.5 hours.
- This doesn’t include the time I spent obsessing over what to wear, because I could do other things at the same time.
93.5 hours that I gave to boys who, when it comes down to it, were not worth it at all. Who even after I sat there for multiple hours, wouldn’t make a move or would get freaked out if I did. Hours that I could have been doing productive things. like working out. Or sleeping.
I had told myself that if I didn’t meet anyone worth my time by New Year’s Eve that I’d just cut Tinder off. But if you saw my desk calendar for the next 2 weeks, you’d see that I don’t have time to waste.
When it comes down to it though, I plan on being out of Eldora and Iowa by next fall (we’ll totally cover this soon, I swear) so why should I even be trying to find someone that might make me question my desire to leave? Sure, I wish I had someone to make out with. To be in bed with a body that wasn’t covered in fur. To have a human in my daily life to talk to that isn’t my mom. And good god, I am a much more personable human being when I’m getting laid on the reg. But I’ll learn to freakin deal.
Cause that’s what big girls do.
*scheduling got in the way of this one going anywhere. When each person basically only has one night free a week, and the nights never match up, things fizzle.